1. Undoubtedly, our biggest achievement this year was winning ‘Website of the Year 2019’ at The SME National Business Awards at Wembley Stadium. This followed on from winning 'Website of the Year 2019' at the SME Hertfordshire awards!
2. Running a competition in conjunction with National Poetry Day 2019 to encourage Britain’s unpublished poets to share their work. We printed and framed 20 winning poems like the one below. It was wonderful to be involved with such an iconic institution as National Poetry Day and to meet with them in London to plan the 'Hidden Voices' competition.
3. Being commissioned to write a bespoke wedding poem for the celebrity wedding of the year, John Torode and Lisa Faulkner. Our lead poet Yasmin did them proud and we gained a lot of interest and orders as a result!
4. I was very excited to be asked to speak on a ‘Poet’s Corner’ panel at London Book Fair. The subject was ‘Poetry in the Gift Market’ and it was a fun and inspiring afternoon. Just check out this wallpaper, it made my year!
5. Visiting The House of Lords for a reception for the UK’s top 100 female entrepreneurs, courtesy of f:Entrepreneur. Fascinating on so many levels and the best scones I've ever had!
6. Presenting to students at Exeter College, Oxford University on a panel about unusual career paths after leaving Oxford. It's great to see how many young people see entrepreneurship as something open to them at any stage in life.
7. Winning the Nat West Ad Break Competition at The Congregation of Inspiration. The prize? Our rhyming pitch was played during Holly Tucker’s podcast of the day.
8. Reaching (and passing) the milestone of 90,000 orders on notonthehighstreet.com and....
9. Being a supplier for the notonthehighstreet.com pop-ups at Ferne Cotton’s Happy Place Festival & at Waterloo Station during December. Can you see our friend poem behind Ferne's left shoulder?!
10. Going away to a quiet retreat to write and plan was an absolute highlight of the year and gave rise to lots of new products you will see in 2020. Thanks to @bethnalandbec for a wonderful stay!
Thank you as ever for your all support in 2019 and we look forward to working with you again in 2020.
All the best, Joanna & Team x