Are you a hidden poet?
According to the government’s Taking Part survey, 3.8% of the population write poetry – that’s two million people. Are you one of them?
For the 25th anniversary of National Poetry Day on 3rd October, Bespoke Verse is running a competition celebrating the UK’s hidden poets, those writing poetry just for themselves, or who may have created just one or two special poems written to mark important events in their lives.
Flair will count for more than polish, and a sense of true feeling shared and communicated is crucial. The competition is open until 1st August. The winners will receive a copy of their poem typeset, designed, printed and framed as shown here.
For full details see below or visit the Bespoke Verse Facebook page.
You can enter the competition here.
Term & Conditions of 'Hidden Voices' Poetry Competition 2019
- Poems entered should be written on the theme of truth.
- Poems must be original works by a single author and not exceed 30 lines.
- The competition period will start at 9am on 6th June 2019 and end at midnight on 1st August 2019. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- Entrants may enter one poem only. Entry is free.
- Poems should be written in English.
- Entrants must not have not had any poetry published previously in a book, a pamphlet or a magazine.
- Entries can only be made via the official online entry form, accessible via the Bespoke Verse Facebook Page or Blog.
- There is no age limit. Prizes will be awarded in 0ver18 and Under18 categories.
- Entrants must be resident in the UK.
- Entrants agree that their data can be used for the purpose of administering the competition.
- Entrants agree to their work being shared by Bespoke Verse and National Poetry Day.
- There will be 20 winners. The prize is not exchangeable or refundable. Winning poems will be typeset, printed and framed in the style shown in the competition image. Prizes will be sent to the address on the entry form.
- Bespoke Verse and National Poetry Day shall not be responsible for any inaccurate contact details provided by winners, which results in the Prize not being delivered.
- Entrants will not be contacted unless they are winners. The winners will be notified via email no later than 31st August 2019. If the winner cannot be contacted or the prize cannot be delivered, the organiser reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Winners will be announced on National Poetry Day. The judges’ decision is final.
- The promoters are National Poetry Day, which has its registered office at Forward Arts Foundation, Somerset House, Strand, London WC2R 1LA, and Bespoke Verse, registered address 4 Claridge Court, Lower Kings Road, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, HP4 2AF.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England.
- Facebook does not endorse this competition.