2018 was our seventh year in business and a year of both challenge and adventure.
It's been a tough time for retail but we worked super-hard on finding our customers, and providing them with best possible service that we could.
We had lots of fun too, so here are our top 10 stand-outs of the year:
1. We were excited to see our products on sale in glass cabinets in Paperchase stores around the country from Covent Garden to Glasgow. We were also featured on the new BHS website as one of 5 small British creative businesses 'to watch'.
2. Best Meeting of 2018... Joanna got to visit the offices of our Australian marketplace HardtoFind in Sydney. And the stunning commute (in the April sunshine) was via the iconic Manly Ferry.
3. At Hertfordshire County Show in May, we won a rather large trophy for being Best Retail Stand.
4. In June, Joanna returned to Oxford University to make an after dinner rhyming speech to alumni to celebrate 30 years since their time there.
5. Small business support and motivation came in many forms, from notonthehighstreet.com meet ups organised by Joanna and her fellow Herts, Beds, Bucks ambassadors, to a wonderful day out at 'The Congregation for Inspiration' organised by Holly & Co in September.
6. On Instagram we saw our mugs used in images by @mother_pukka and #bookstagram favourite @bluestockingbookshelf as well as featured in a story (on the day of the Strictly final!) by dancer @gorkamarquez.
7. By Royal Appointment! In November we had an order from one of the Queen's grandchildren which caused much excitement in the studio. We all rang our mums.
8. Milestones... In December we proudly dispatched our 80,000th order on marketplace Not On The High Street.
9. Cabin Fever. This Christmas we took on a very festive log cabin opposite John Lewis in Milton Keynes Shopping Centre for four weeks. Our longest show ever! Just one of the 15 stands we manned in 2018, including ones at Kirstie Allsop's Handmade Fair, ETSY Artisan Markets, Spirit of Christmas, Top Drawer and PULSE.
10. Bespoke Verse products were stocked by the Not On The High Street pop ups at Waterloo Station and Westfield, London. The launch party was the perfect antidote to what turned out to be a much busier Christmas than last year. We are shattered but also excited about what this means for the year to come.
Thank you for all your support and we wish you a happy and healthy 2019.
Joanna, Craig, Lucy, Carolyn, Emma & Dickens x